Monday, January 26, 2009

My, how time flies!! This is another challenge from
The inspiration was the "squiggle" at the bottom of my version ... it comprised of one and a bit sections of the wavy lines ... and it reminded me of the wave form of acoustics - the electronic version of sound - hence the three short and one long sections. This sound .. dit, dit, dit, dah ... is the morse for the letter V, and Beethoven used it to open his 5th symphony. This, in turn, was used as the call sign for the British World Service during WWII .. V for Victory !! and all from a little squiggle!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another super challenge from , this time the swirly bit that I have used as a "worm hole" to get my dragon home!! Again this is a digi ATC with the background erased in places to give a starry effect and then the swirl and dragon layered on top.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is my somewhat tongue -in-cheek version of challenge 5 on Artarazzi. The button and background are from Plum Crazy by Dedicated2Digital. The font is Mariah. The title and quotes are from Jenny Joseph's poem "Warning".

This is my attempt at a mini book using toilet-roll inners. I'm not very good at embellishments .. I'm a digi scrapper and they come with the kit!! ... but I hope this will be acceptable. The "clouds" of words are courtesy of Wordle ... (great place for a play ... and they are on the reverse of the pocket. The tag has a verse on the front, and space on the back for comments. A hanging label and some fibres complete the look.

Great site for all sorts of crafty swaps ...
check it out!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is my contribution to Irene's cj .... as you can see, I'm not too good on straight edges!!
The background is my Dad's silk paisley Evening scarf, the wide vertical lace is from an Edwardian hanky, the picture is my Mum, age 18 mths, printed onto lawn and the other laces are old cotton/ribbon. It's all hand sewn and IRL doesn't look quite so crumpled!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yeah, today it worked!! This is my version of the "Marilyn" piccy for the Artarazzi challenge found here ... I used the filters in PSE4 and just played around a bit ... I think it would make a great mouse-mat!!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I wanted to upload a digi LO for the Artarazzi challenge but for some reason I couldn't ... so it is here:- I had great fun doing it, and it was actually very easy using the filters that come with PSE4 !!